The Basic percentages of a closer's make-up are as follows:
- Empathy and understanding...25%
- Manners and Charm..10%
- Product knowledge..7%.
As A Salesperson:
Potential is interesting, but performance is everything:
What do salespeople do to improve? Studies have established, after observing thousands of successful salespeople and many top performers, there is a common denominator among them. Improvement came to all of them because they did one or more of the following:
- Analyzed what went right or wrong on the sales call.
- Participated in company sales training programs which provided reinforcement and feedback from their sales managers.
- Received constructive criticism well.
- Took part in simulated role play of sales situations with a manager, mentor or colleague. Top salespeople are good at "thought process" and "thought link" development, which is the ability to link one issue to another in a sales call or other customer conversation.